Check out the Super U. webcomic by Matt Grana!

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Saturday Super Stories - Skulduggery Part 3

"Malefactor, Reprobate, Charlatan, Neerdowell, or Gentlemen Thief, names associated with villainy.  I pull from the universe tales of Larceny and Legerdemain focusing on the evil that fills the world."  The Nameless.

Andreas Darkk spoke quietly to the man who lay before him at the bottom of the abyss surrounding Carcass, “I did not start life as the worst villain in the history of the universe, wait that’s not exactly true, while I am a master villain; I am not the worst or even the best.  In truth I am barely adequate.  But let me start at the beginning.”

Saturday Super Stories – Skulduggery 110 Part 3

“My life is hell, if it can go wrong it will.”  Jason said over his shoulder to his friend as they ran through the wooded area on the path cut in the soil by years of travel.

“Quit being so dramatic, it’s not so bad, it could get worse,” then the two friends fell into the multi-verse and landed in a world filled with great darkness, and the two friends lost their ways.

Andreas continued, “I fell in with the wrong sorts of people there and had to sacrifice part of my immortal soul to escape that plane, and that piece went on to become something terrible, but we’re not there yet,” he paused and took a breath remembering as the universe flashed before him in those first moments, so many visions of elseworlds, so little time.  “So I was exiled into the ether and visited many other planes I began to gather friends and allies in each of places I landed, slowly building an army so that I could one day find a way to return to my home plane,” he paused again and took a deep breath, “But that part of my soul that was lost had stolen from me my empathy and happiness, I became bitter and angry at my circumstances and I began to forge a new path.”

“I soon found a temporary home in the future where some of my newest and closest allies found a map that we could use to navigate that universes time stream.  So we moved back and forth plundering the weapons and resources that we believed could be used to return me home but gradually the group began to split apart and settle in different places.  I was once again left alone this time a few hundred years from my home time period and I finally decided to stay and let the map move on without me.”  Andreas stopped and craned his neck to look upwards at the chained island in the sky, barely a dot again the sunlight so far above him.

“It was several years later I ran into a man named Darion Gray who knew me but I did not know him and it was then that I knew my journey was far from over, so I handed over a part of my stash and left him behind searching for the moment I would move on and become the man he had met in his past.  I did not know the person he had met was the remains of my soul in a host body and a true threat to the galaxy.”

“Why are you telling me all of this?”  Chang Woe asked the man bound before him.

“Because I am the Darkness in the souls of man, I am Andreas Darkk and as one of my keepers you are a key to my release!”  Andreas seized the man’s head and squeezed, absorbing his soul into his own.  He sighed and began the long wait, for he knew that he had to gather his energy slowly so that he might travel backwards so that he might be imprisoned here.

“I really hate time travel.”

Sometime later, Super University...
“The villain Andreas Darkk suffers from a closed loop of time.  The day he became Andreas set his path to the loop.  He will amass an army and find three like minded individuals and together they will travel from 2199 to the Event in the mid 20th century.  Once there he will be defeated and the woman Pandemonium will imprison him in the distant past beneath the city of Carcass, where his energies will be contained.  He will eventually manipulate one of his jailers to sacrifice himself to Andreas and then the slow build until his release in 2199, and then it starts again.  He cannot deviate from this path or the paradox will kill him.  The prison is ingenious.”

“Richie you really are a nerd.”

“SWALLOW YOUR SOUL!!”


TBC in Skulduggery Part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment