Check out the Super U. webcomic by Matt Grana!

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Saturday Super Stories - Religion 108 Part 3


With this post I am at 50, more than a year has passed since I started the SSS, I started these months before my mother past from this plane and into the next, and the first post went up two days after her untimely passing.  I chug along slowly as ideas trickle in from wherever it is that ideas come from, but there is a plan, a long term goal and a plot.  With todays post, which is a day late because a dog ate my internet, we finally have some answers and a hint at the future.

We burn towards the Event, followed by the Year Zero and culminate in the Coming Darkness, trust me there is a plan, and we will get there together.


My name is Mercedes Whitman and I'm a hero on a foreign world. I am the daughter of two heroes, and was trapped on this Earth during an Event that sealed the way back home forever. They call me Black Sapphire when I’m out patrolling, and these are my Blogs.

With this post I am at 50, more than a year has passed since I started the SSS, I started these months before my mother past from this plane and into the next, and the first post went up two days after her untimely passing.  I chug along slowly as ideas trickle in from wherever it is that ideas come from, but there is a plan, a long term goal and a plot.  With todays post, which is a day late because a dog ate my internet, we finally have some answers and a hint at the future.

We burn towards the Event, followed by the Year Zero and culminate in the Coming Darkness, trust me there is a plan, and we will get there together.

Sapphire sat down hard on a bench in the main temple then sighed loudly.  Wynn was off talking to the Proctors and she was being confined to the temple to ease the transition of a non-magickal entity into their city.

She looked around the temple and looked at the stain glassed windows lining the walls.  There were many more here than there were in Carcass, and all of them were intact.  The largest of them all was of Jerusalem Walker.  He was flanked with Discord at his right hand and Pandemonium at his left.  These reliefs were more detailed that the others and she found herself drawn to Pandemonium and she mind kept returning to the last moments of the event.  She frowned at the reflection and a tear rolled down her cheek.  She turned away to take in the rest of the building and the other windows.

One drew her eye almost immediately and confused her at the same time, a black room with a man made out of white and rays bursting forth from him.  It was labeled The Beginning of The End is The End of the Beginning.

“Destiny,” a voice said behind her.  Sapphire turned and watched a older woman walk across her field of vision and vanish behind one of the shelves of book that filled the temple.

“How do you mean?”  Sapphire asked in response.

“All journeys are the same journey; it is just the road that is different.”  Was the response from another female voice, this one was younger.

“I don’t understand,” Sapphire responded.

“You wouldn’t.  You aren’t one of us.  You do not have the magick within you,” a final male voice spoke from directly behind her.  She turned to face the older man, his hair grayed by age.

“I’m also from another universe if you wanted to take your comment a step farther.  I am almost unique, but there are others from my world trapped in the universe.”  Sapphire met his eye and held it, it was almost as if she was talking to Walters, without the uncomfortable darkness hidden behind the eyes, the stain of his soul bleeding through.

The man nodded.  “I am Thaddeus, Master of Arms and this is my wife Kimalia the Judge, and our daughter Annelletta the High Priestess.  We are the Proctors of Sham’bala the Mystic City and you are welcome here until the prophecy has come to pass.”  Sapphire nodded.

“Can I ask another favor?”  She asked.  He nodded at her.

“Do you mind if I read through some of these texts?”  He moved his head to the side and it was his wife who responded.

“Yes,” and then the three of them were gone.  Sapphire shook her head and grabbed one of the first books that called to her and opened and began to read.

Religion 108 - Part 3 “The Book of Revelations”

‘And lo there came of a beginning’
‘They were of the count of three, a Trinity’
‘One Angelic, Heavenly, and Good’
‘One Dark, Hellish, and Evil’
‘The Last was of a strange sort, Neutral’
‘These Three became one in Voice and Power’
‘And From the White Sprang Forth the Universe’
‘Built upon the Ashes of the Stars Twin and the Prime’

The Ballad of Jerusalem Walker

“We made a mistake coming here.  We should have started with a clean slate.  This dead world…it should have stayed that way.”

“We three were of more power than the universe we were born in was capable of handling safely.  So we decided to leave that place and a find a universe that we call our own, or change into one that we could thrive in.”

“It took much time but we soon found ourselves in universe claimed by the void, wiped clean and perfect for our purposes.  We felt the remnants of the world before, the ashes of a world much like our own, but it had been touched by the Primes.”

“In our arrogance we decided to start here and rebuild this Twinstar and make it our own, add things we liked from our pasts and forge a new future.  Each of us sacrificed a portion of our raw strength and a new universal constant was born.”

“Let there be light, and there was light.”

“We realized that our lives were finite, and decided to craft the first being, the guardian of this universe, our watchdog.  More of our strength was lost and the first being was awakened.  We quickly realized our mistake and the first being uttered one sound, a scream and the power inside of it was warped inward and it exploded and imploded at the same time, ripping a tear in the face of space/time, one that echoed into the past and far into the future.”

“The Kaleidoscope Cascade was born; the tear in which we had come into this universe was something we had created after we had arrived.  But as the past had caught up with the present we were able to see the echoes surrounding the tear, echoes of other universes.”

“We contemplated reversing the Cascade but soon realized that the power needed would weaken us before we had even begun, or kill one of us should we require the sacrifice so the Cascade remained.”

“The thought of one guardian was discarded and we decided that more power taken from each of us could be crafted into an army of watchers, so we purged the emotions that we felt would impair our future tasks and the entities were formed into the ether.”

“This was also a mistake, the War of Sorrows ripped at the heart of the universe and lasted many long eons, and when it was finished the universe was a darker place.  We had failed again.  So we retreated to our home worlds echo and tried one final time to guide the universes hand.  Few of the entities lived and several were wounded beyond the capacity to live long, so we took love and hate and crafted them into the soul of Earth.  So the cities were born, I founded Sham’bala and lived there to guide humanity as a wise mystic, Pandemonium took the opposite side and the city that would become Carcass was unearthed, and in between them Discord watched from the Hollow, the final prison.”

“This worked for a time.”

The Lament of Discord

“When we crafted this world we pulled upon our own personal memories and added them to the mix that was already here.  In my past I was in love with a man and I lost him to a great monster that destroyed world after world.  In the end I had to slay my love and this broke me.”

“But Scott soon found me and told me his plan to start anew, somewhere else, some place that we could make ours, and if I wanted I could bring my love back.  He would not be the same man I had fallen for, only an echo.”

“I agreed.”

“So when we started anew the man I loved was reborn, crafted into a position that would suit him.  He would watch the universe and document all that he saw and commit that Knowledge for any who wanted to gaze upon its splendor.”

“I could not see that I brought that same darkness with me when we began and that same evil claimed my love again, and tainted him and his new master further tainted the Knowledge he had gathered.  I was the only one in the universe that knew his true name and I would take that with me in the end, but the evil that was A’gon would be left in the world as a corruption, but just as he fell in my universe so too would he fall in this one, I only regret that I will not be there to witness it.”

Some time ago…

Spectacular watched as the Cataloger purged his name from the Knowledge, the corruption taking any trace of his identity and that of the prior scions and any future scions as well.  It was a brilliant plan, but he was smarter.  He wound back time to learn the name of this traitor and smiled with a cock of the eyebrow at symmetry of it all.

“Who names their child after Jason’s boat?”

The Torment of Pandemonium

“I had one job where we came from; I was the one who stopped the Man in White and sealed the Black Room, I failed in this task.  His avatar was unleashed at our universe was lost.  Scott and Clarissa do not know that I failed in my only job.”

“Always I am in turmoil, my emotions ruling my abilities and my focus.  It was during one of these episodes that the Void was unleashed and the universe was lost, once unleashed the void cannot be stopped.  Though I believe that the void has a counter, something or someone that can halt its progression, but I have never located or managed to confirm this theory.”

“Thus I have failed, the void inched its way across reality consuming everything in its path and it was then that I decided that the three of us needed to leave and start anew.  We three aberrations shifted through a crack in the universe and fled as the void consumed searching for a universe to begin anew, finally settling on a universe scoured clean by a void avatar in the past.”

“Mercedes?”  Scott inquired.  I turned to take him in, my shame hidden from my face even though it tore at my soul.  “Is this a place to start?”  I nodded at him.

“If we are to be the caretakers of this new universe perhaps we should rename ourselves?”  I asked Clarissa and Scott.  They nodded, for they knew that true names held power.  It was in that moment that Scott became the Jerusalem Walker, Clarissa became Discord, and Mercedes Whitman became Pandemonium.

EPILOGUE

At the very center of the universe sits a room, and in that room sits a man in white surrounded by the black, just waiting for the perfect moment to announce itself.

TBC in Religion 108 Part 4

1 comment: